TikTok restores service in US after Trump pledge
803
Monday, 20 January, 2025, 12:37
![]() TikTok is resuming services to its 170 million users in US after President-elect Donald Trump said he would issue an executive order to give the app a reprieve when he takes office on Monday. On Saturday evening, the Chinese-owned app stopped working for American users, after a law banning it on national security grounds came into effect. Trump, who had previously backed a ban of the platform, promised on Sunday to delay implementation of the law and allow more time for a deal to be made. TikTok then said that it was in the process of "restoring service". |

Bad weather, love arch destroyed at Meledugno in Salento (video)
11611:25
Death isn't the end: Meta patented an AI that lets you keep posting from beyond the grave
294Yesterday, 22:40
Pentagon Used Anthropic’s Claude in Maduro Venezuela Raid
206Yesterday, 21:12
India Orders 288 Anti-Aircraft Missiles for S-400 Air Defense Systems from Russia
200Yesterday, 19:46
China Bought Some Venezuelan Oil From the US, Wright Says
73613.02.2026, 00:18
Ali Eyal wins the Hammer Museum's Mohn Award worth $100,000
73713.02.2026, 00:01
