Details released on $2.3B aid package for Ukraine
![]() The Defense Department has announced a new $2.3 billion military aid package for Ukraine, mostly funding a large purchase of air defense interceptors. The package, first announced by Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin on Tuesday, would immediately transfer U.S. weapons valued at $150 million via presidential drawdown authority, while $2.2 billion in aid would be provided through the Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative. The $2.2 billion USAI action, which contracts with defense companies to provide Ukraine with long-term aid, would pay for a “significant package of air defense interceptors,” according to DOD. “This funding will be used to purchase interceptors for Patriot and [National Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile Systems] for Ukraine,” DOD said. The Biden administration, as previously announced, plans to accelerate delivery of the interceptors by “re-sequencing” foreign military sales involving other U.S. allies. “As a result, Ukraine will be provided with the interceptors it urgently needs to protect its people and critical infrastructure against Russia's aerial attacks,” DOD said. Meanwhile, the $150 million PDA transfer includes: Missiles for HAWK air defense systems; |

Jared Kushner to visit Israel and Egypt next week with Board of Peace officials to talk Gaza
30200:09
Renaissance paintings by Antonello da Messina stolen from Sicilian museum
301Yesterday, 23:11
Astronomers find water in the harsh environment near the Milky Way's black hole
355Yesterday, 21:13
Here are the results of the Armenian chess players at the 2026 European Junior U20 Chess Championship (photo)
276Yesterday, 20:36
Iranian Army Chief Amir Hatami announces $30,000 reward for killed, captured US soldiers
390Yesterday, 16:25
U.S. military has lost roughly 25% of its Reaper drones as Iran war depletes arsenal
66613.08.2026, 22:53
