US military may have brought coronavirus to Wuhan, says China in war of words with US
2319
Friday, 13 March, 2020, 21:25
![]() A spokesman for China's Foreign Ministry suggested on Thursday (March 12) that the US military might have brought the coronavirus to the Chinese city of Wuhan, which has been hardest hit by the outbreak, doubling down on a war of words with Washington.China has taken great offence at comments by US officials accusing it of being slow to react to the virus, first detected in Wuhan late last year, and of not being sufficiently transparent.On Wednesday, US National Security Adviser Robert O'Brien said the speed of China's reaction to the emergence of the coronavirus had probably cost the world two months when it could have been preparing for the outbreak. |

US revokes more than 600 visas to dismantle global 'birth tourism' networks
82413.08.2026, 00:33
Sergey Khachatryan wins the 1st prize in the individual race (photo)
56712.08.2026, 23:18
WHO chief: US immunization changes ‘not aligned with decades of evidence’
69212.08.2026, 20:09
An Invasive Mosquito Is Spreading With Alarming Speed, Threatening Africa’s Cities
95405.08.2026, 22:05
Healthy diet too expensive for one in three people globally, UN report finds
80322.07.2026, 00:52
Confirmed Ebola cases in Democratic Republic of Congo rise to 1,963
74914.07.2026, 16:34
