Canadian lawyers file lawsuit against Iran over victims of downed Ukrainian plane
1823
Saturday, 08 February, 2020, 17:10
![]() Canadian lawyers, who previously successfully sued Iran, are seeking class action status in a lawsuit on behalf of victims aboard a Ukrainian plane shot down over Tehran lastmonth, looking for at least C$1.5 billion ($1.1 billion) in compensation. The suit names Iran, its supreme leader, the elite Revolutionary Guards and others as defendants. Iran admitted its missiles downed the Ukrainian airliner by mistake on Jan. 8, killing all 176 people aboard, including 57 Canadians. The lead plaintiff in the case is anonymous, preliminarily identified as John Doe, and described as immediate family to a victim identified as Jack Doe. |

Trump says Board of Peace members pledged over $5B for Gaza
269Yesterday, 21:39
EU plans crypto ban for Russia, FT reports
79411.02.2026, 00:48
US Treasury Secretary says US sanctions crushed Iran’s economy and sparked protests (video)
84706.02.2026, 10:43
Elon Musk just became the first person ever worth $800 billion after SpaceX acquired xAI
79004.02.2026, 18:30
Xi Jinping calls for China’s renminbi to attain global reserve currency status
74101.02.2026, 23:05
Trump signs order allowing US to impose tariffs on countries supplying oil to Cuba
78930.01.2026, 12:17
