US Admitted That It Won't Be Able to Prevent Completion of Nord Stream 2
![]() US authorities admit that the country cannot prevent the completion of the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline, but they intend to oppose the implementation of other Russian projects. This was reported on Tuesday by Bloomberg. According to two of his sources from the staff of the US administration, Washington now has almost no leverage over Russia and Germany with regard to the gas pipeline. One source added that the US Senate’s approval of the defense budget bill for fiscal year 2020 (beginning October 1), which obliges the US administration to impose sanctions on Nord Stream 2 and Turkish Stream, is little to change. This official noted that the United States plans to create obstacles to the implementation of other Russian projects in the energy sector. According to the agency, US President Donald Trump previously expressed his readiness to sign a bill on the defense budget for fiscal year 2020. Sanctions on companies participating in the construction of Nord Stream 2 will take effect immediately after that, a source in the US Congress noted. According to the estimates given in the publication, the gas pipeline will be ready for commissioning from April to June 2020. |

Washington, Tehran may discuss US access to Iran’s mineral resources
13311:20
Trump’s New World Order Is Pushing Sweden to Warm Up to the Euro
296Yesterday, 20:24
Trump says Board of Peace members pledged over $5B for Gaza
47015.02.2026, 21:39
EU plans crypto ban for Russia, FT reports
82311.02.2026, 00:48
US Treasury Secretary says US sanctions crushed Iran’s economy and sparked protests (video)
85706.02.2026, 10:43
Elon Musk just became the first person ever worth $800 billion after SpaceX acquired xAI
79604.02.2026, 18:30
