Philippine ex-leader Duterte en route to The Hague to face charges of crimes against humanity
![]() Former Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte was on Tuesday on his way to The Hague, the Netherlands, to face International Criminal Court accusations that he committed crimes against humanity during his deadly war on drugs. Duterte, 79, who left office in 2022, was arrested earlier on an Interpol warrant at the international airport in Manila after his arrival from Hong Kong. "The plane is en route to The Hague in the Netherlands, allowing the former president to face charges of crimes against humanity in relation to his bloody war on drugs," President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. said in a televised statement late on Tuesday. The International Criminal Court is based in The Hague. Salvador Panelo, a former lawyer and spokesperson for Duterte during his presidency, said in a statement that Duterte’s arrest was unlawful and that he has no legal representation, Reuters reported. |

Jared Kushner to visit Israel and Egypt next week with Board of Peace officials to talk Gaza
30200:09
Renaissance paintings by Antonello da Messina stolen from Sicilian museum
301Yesterday, 23:11
Astronomers find water in the harsh environment near the Milky Way's black hole
355Yesterday, 21:13
Here are the results of the Armenian chess players at the 2026 European Junior U20 Chess Championship (photo)
276Yesterday, 20:36
Iranian Army Chief Amir Hatami announces $30,000 reward for killed, captured US soldiers
390Yesterday, 16:25
U.S. military has lost roughly 25% of its Reaper drones as Iran war depletes arsenal
66613.08.2026, 22:53
