Man in India regains consciousness before his cremation on funeral pyre
![]() A 25-year-old man who was declared dead and about to be cremated in India this week was found to be still alive by witnesses, according to reports. Rohitash Kumar, 25, who was deaf and mute, was declared dead at a hospital in the state of Rajasthan in the northwestern part of India without a post-mortem examination, according to The Times of India. Once it was clear Kumar was alive at his cremation on Thursday afternoon, his family reportedly took him back to a hospital where he died early Friday morning. Three doctors involved in declaring Kumar dead at the Bhagwan Das Khetan district hospital have since been suspended, the newspaper reported. Kumar had suffered an epileptic seizure and was declared dead after he flatlined while doctors were performing CPR on him, the Daily Mail reported, citing the AFP news service. "The situation was nothing short of a miracle," a witness at the funeral pyre told local news outlet ETV Bharat. "We all were in shock. He was declared dead, but there he was, breathing and alive." "Action will be taken against those responsible. The working style of the doctors will also be thoroughly investigated," he said. Meena added that a committee had been formed to investigate the incident.բ |

Bad weather, love arch destroyed at Meledugno in Salento (video)
11611:25
Death isn't the end: Meta patented an AI that lets you keep posting from beyond the grave
294Yesterday, 22:40
Pentagon Used Anthropic’s Claude in Maduro Venezuela Raid
206Yesterday, 21:12
India Orders 288 Anti-Aircraft Missiles for S-400 Air Defense Systems from Russia
200Yesterday, 19:46
China Bought Some Venezuelan Oil From the US, Wright Says
73613.02.2026, 00:18
Ali Eyal wins the Hammer Museum's Mohn Award worth $100,000
73713.02.2026, 00:01
