Six presumed dead in Baltimore bridge collapse
![]() Six workers are missing and presumed dead following the collapse of the Francis Scott Key Bridge in the United States city of Baltimore, as authorities called a halt to search-and-rescue efforts. US Coastguard and Maryland State Police officials said late on Tuesday that search-and-rescue operations had been suspended as dive teams were facing increasingly dangerous conditions in the darkened waters of the Patapsco River. “At this point, we do not believe we are going to find any of these individuals still alive,” Coastguard Rear Admiral Shannon Gilreath said at a news conference. State Police Colonel Roland Butler said authorities intended to return divers to the water after sunrise on Wednesday in an effort to recover the deceased’s remains. |

At least 10 killed in mass shooting in Tumbler Ridge, B.C. (video)
64611.02.2026, 09:24
Small plane crashes into vehicles after emergency landing in Georgia State (video)
71910.02.2026, 10:12
Fifty-three migrants dead or missing after boat capsizes off Libya, IOM says
69809.02.2026, 16:32
Lebanon's Tripoli building collapse kills 14 (video)
67009.02.2026, 13:37
Woman and child killed in Russian drone attack on Bohodukhiv in Kharkiv Oblast (photo)
67109.02.2026, 10:54
Dry Cargo/Container Ship SEALLOYD ARC Sinks Off Thailand’s Phuket Coast
75608.02.2026, 23:00
