Exxon Mobil may completely withdraw from Russia by June 24
![]() Exxon Mobil is considering a complete withdrawal from Russia by June 24, two sources familiar with plans told Reuters on Thursday, following the US group’s earlier decision to exit from its oil and gas operations in the country. Exxon Mobil removed employees who are US citizens from Russia last month after Moscow launched what it calls its special military operation in Ukraine. It hadn’t provided a timetable for the withdrawal. For the latest headlines, follow our Google News channel online or via the app. The initial departures included staff from its large oil and gas production operations on Sakhalin Island in Russia’s Far East, including the Sakhalin 1 project. Now it is looking into shutting down its other businesses in Russia, including sales of popular Mobil lubricants, by June 24, two sources familiar with the discussions told Reuters. Exxon didn’t immediately reply to a request for comment. Exxon last year employed more than 1,000 people across Russia, with offices in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Yekaterinburg and Yuzhno-Sakhalinst, according to its website. Its deliberations come after dozens of other Western companies - from Apple and Boeing to BP, Shell and Equinor - that have halted business or announced plans to abandon their Russia operations. |
Trump imposes tariffs on penguin-inhabited islands
11010:39Trump imposes 10 percent tariff on imports from Armenia
12709:57Sybiga: "We are working on a new minerals agreement"
44701.04.2025, 16:33Slovakia has received more than €100 million from the EU for energy projects in Ukraine
60831.03.2025, 18:57Trump: "New US tariffs will affect all countries"
58131.03.2025, 15:27Trump։ "Secondary tariffs will be imposed on Russian oil"
56631.03.2025, 12:09