Hong Kong calls time-out on #AstraZeneca
![]() Hong Kong has asked embattled drug giant AstraZeneca to delay delivery of its Covid-19 vaccine and requested they offer a second-generation version of the drug better able to handle new coronavirus variants. The decision emerged ahead of officials on Friday confirming 14 new Covid-19 cases, most of which were imported. Of the two local cases, one was detected in a quarantine centre and other’s source of infection had not been traced. On the vaccine front, the city previously ordered 7.5 million doses from AstraZeneca, which was originally expected to ship the first batch to Hong Kong in the second half of this year. But Chan said the Health Authority was also concerned about the recent safety reports about the jabs. “It is not necessary to deliver it to the city this year, to avoid any waste,” she said. “We have also begun looking at next-generation vaccines that can offer better protection against new virus variants.” |

US revokes more than 600 visas to dismantle global 'birth tourism' networks
82413.08.2026, 00:33
Sergey Khachatryan wins the 1st prize in the individual race (photo)
56712.08.2026, 23:18
WHO chief: US immunization changes ‘not aligned with decades of evidence’
69212.08.2026, 20:09
An Invasive Mosquito Is Spreading With Alarming Speed, Threatening Africa’s Cities
95405.08.2026, 22:05
Healthy diet too expensive for one in three people globally, UN report finds
80322.07.2026, 00:52
Confirmed Ebola cases in Democratic Republic of Congo rise to 1,963
74914.07.2026, 16:34
