US to send 5,000 more troops to Poland, Trump says
![]() President Donald Trump has said the US will be sending an additional 5,000 troops to Poland, a week after the Pentagon cancelled a planned deployment of 4,000 troops to the country. Writing on Truth Social, Trump said the decision was based on the US's relationship with Polish President Karol Nawrocki, whom he backed during presidential elections last year. The US president did not provide further details on whether the additional troops were part of the previous planned deployment or a different operation. The White House has signalled in recent weeks that it intends to reduce its overall troop levels in Europe as part of its "America First" agenda. Earlier this month, the US also announced it would withdraw 5,000 troops from Germany after a row between Trump and German Chancellor Friedrich Merz over the war with Iran. Trump previously criticised Merz over his suggestion that the US had been "humiliated" by Iranian negotiators. It is unclear whether the additional troops for Poland were part of those withdrawing from Germany or a separate group. Trump's announcement on Thursday comes a week after the defence department abruptly said it was cancelling the deployment of 4,000 troops to Poland. US Defence Secretary Pete Hegseth later said the cancellation was "a temporary delay" of the planned deployment and the US will continue to ensure it "retains a strong military presence" in Poland. |

Iran rebuilding military industrial base faster than expected, already producing drones, according to US intel
249Yesterday, 16:44
President of France makes phone call to President of Azerbaijan
252Yesterday, 14:42
Pakistan army chief heads to Tehran with Gulf talks message
257Yesterday, 14:25
#CNN: There is a strong desire in the upper echelons of the Israeli government for renewed military action
270Yesterday, 13:25
#Axios: Trump, Netanyahu push new Iran deal efforts in critical call
304Yesterday, 10:26
Iran ‘reviewing’ US proposal
293Yesterday, 09:40
