Wildfire Near Marseille Suspends Flights, Prompts Stay-at-Home Orders
![]() Flights scheduled at Marseille Airport were suspended due to a wildfire raging close to the southern French port city, local authorities said Tuesday. The prefecture urged people in the affected areas to stay indoors and off the roads. With the fire approaching Marseille, the prefecture also advised residents in the northern area of the city to remain inside with doors and windows closed to prevent toxic smoke from entering their homes. Live TV footage showed light smoke giving the sky over Marseille’s old port a dusty aspect. Some 168 firefighters, two helicopters, and 68 engines were deployed to tackle the fire, which broke out near the town of Les Pennes-Mirabeau, with 350 hectares (865 acres) affected. There have been no reports of casualties. Marseille airport announced that the runway had been closed at around midday. Several weeks of heat waves combined with strong winds have increased the risk of wildfires in southern France, with several breaking out over the past couple of days. |

China Bought Some Venezuelan Oil From the US, Wright Says
56413.02.2026, 00:18
Ali Eyal wins the Hammer Museum's Mohn Award worth $100,000
56713.02.2026, 00:01
Wall Street Journal: US sent thousands of Starlink terminals to Iran amid protests
55012.02.2026, 21:49
Man in Italy throws 20 gold bars in the trash by mistake
57312.02.2026, 21:33
Police name Canada school shooting suspect
54612.02.2026, 14:32
Poland and Italy say they will not join Trump's Board of Peace
66412.02.2026, 00:08
