Death toll from Myanmar earthquake exceeds 1,600
1604
Saturday, 29 March, 2025, 20:03
![]() The death toll from the Myanmar earthquake has exceeded 1,600, with about 3,400 injured and hundreds more trapped under rubble, Xinhua reported. The military-led government of Myanmar said 1,644 people have been found dead, 3,408 injured and 139 missing so far. The death toll from the quake, which struck near Myanmar's second-largest city of Mandalay early Friday local time, is likely to rise further as rescue efforts continue. |

28 schools in Ahmedabad and Vadodara receive bomb threats; searches on in Gujarat
12917:52
At least 10 killed in mass shooting in Tumbler Ridge, B.C. (video)
72911.02.2026, 09:24
Small plane crashes into vehicles after emergency landing in Georgia State (video)
77610.02.2026, 10:12
Fifty-three migrants dead or missing after boat capsizes off Libya, IOM says
70709.02.2026, 16:32
Lebanon's Tripoli building collapse kills 14 (video)
68009.02.2026, 13:37
Woman and child killed in Russian drone attack on Bohodukhiv in Kharkiv Oblast (photo)
67709.02.2026, 10:54
