Death toll of powerful Morocco earthquake exceeds 2,000
3361
Sunday, 10 September, 2023, 10:36
![]() Moroccan earthquake survivors huddled for a night in the open on the High Atlas Mountains on Saturday, a day after the country's deadliest quake in more than six decades killed more than 2,000 people and laid waste to villages. Neighbors were still searching for survivors buried on the slopes, where houses of mud brick, stone and rough wood were cracked open and mosque minarets toppled by the quake that struck late on Friday. The historic old city of Marrakech also suffered extensive damage. The Interior Ministry said 2,012 people had been killed and 2,059 injured, including 1,404 in critical condition. The U.S. Geological Survey said the quake had a magnitude of 6.8 with an epicenter some 72 km southwest of Marrakech. |

28 schools in Ahmedabad and Vadodara receive bomb threats; searches on in Gujarat
12917:52
At least 10 killed in mass shooting in Tumbler Ridge, B.C. (video)
72911.02.2026, 09:24
Small plane crashes into vehicles after emergency landing in Georgia State (video)
77610.02.2026, 10:12
Fifty-three migrants dead or missing after boat capsizes off Libya, IOM says
70709.02.2026, 16:32
Lebanon's Tripoli building collapse kills 14 (video)
68009.02.2026, 13:37
Woman and child killed in Russian drone attack on Bohodukhiv in Kharkiv Oblast (photo)
67709.02.2026, 10:54
