Coronavirus: Italy’s Olympic committee announce that ALL sport in country is suspended until April 3
4860
Monday, 09 March, 2020, 23:10
![]() Italy's top sports body on Monday called for all sports events to be blocked until April 3, and asked the government to issue a decree to enforce the measure as the country fights with the worst coronavirus outbreak in Europe. After a meeting between representatives from all Italian team sports federations, the National Olympic Committee (CONI) said in a statement the government should intensify its measures against the virus. "Health protection is the top priority for everyone," the statement said. The government had already ordered that all sporting events, including matches in the top-flight soccer league Serie A, must be played behind closed doors to avoid crowds of people that could boost the contagion. |

Cristiano Ronaldo and Georgina Rodriguez are married
74412.08.2026, 13:17
Emin Ohanyan is the sole leader with 4.5 points (photo)
49811.08.2026, 19:59
Lionel Messi's father has passed away
68508.08.2026, 15:23
Cristiano Ronaldo and Georgina Rodríguez’s wedding date revealed
76802.08.2026, 19:51
Franco Baresi, legendary Milan and Italy captain, dies aged 66
89931.07.2026, 10:49
Uefa agrees to boycott Fifa competitions if World Cup sell-off plans proceed
96430.07.2026, 22:52
