China virus death toll jumps to 106, some 1,771 new cases: Gov't
2271
Tuesday, 28 January, 2020, 11:20
![]() The death toll from the coronavirus outbreak in China soared to 106 on Tuesday with 1,771 new cases confirmed, authorities said, as the infection that emerged in the central province of Hubei late last year continued to spread. The health commission in Hubei, the epicentre of the outbreak, said 24 more people had died from the virus and 1,291 more had been infected, raising the total number of infections there to 2,714. |

US revokes more than 600 visas to dismantle global 'birth tourism' networks
82413.08.2026, 00:33
Sergey Khachatryan wins the 1st prize in the individual race (photo)
56712.08.2026, 23:18
WHO chief: US immunization changes ‘not aligned with decades of evidence’
69212.08.2026, 20:09
An Invasive Mosquito Is Spreading With Alarming Speed, Threatening Africa’s Cities
95405.08.2026, 22:05
Healthy diet too expensive for one in three people globally, UN report finds
80322.07.2026, 00:52
Confirmed Ebola cases in Democratic Republic of Congo rise to 1,963
74914.07.2026, 16:34
