Trump heaps another 5% tariff on Chinese goods in latest tit-for-tat escalation
![]() U.S. President Donald Trump on Friday lashed back at a new round of Chinese tariffs by heaping an additional 5% duty on some $550 billion in targeted Chinese goods in the latest tit-for-tat trade war escalation by the world’s two largest economies. The intensifying U.S.-China trade war stoked market fears that the global economy will tip into recession, sending U.S. stocks into a tailspin, with the Nasdaq Composite .IXIC down 3%, and the S&P 500 .SPX down 2.6%. U.S. Treasury yields also declined as investors sought safe-haven assets, and crude oil, targeted for the first time by Chinese tariffs, fell sharply. Trump’s tariff response was announced after markets closed on Friday, leaving potentially more damage for next week. “Sadly, past Administrations have allowed China to get so far ahead of Fair and Balanced Trade that it has become a great burden to the American Taxpayer,” Trump said on Twitter. “As President, I can no longer allow this to happen!” |

Washington, Tehran may discuss US access to Iran’s mineral resources
13311:20
Trump’s New World Order Is Pushing Sweden to Warm Up to the Euro
296Yesterday, 20:24
Trump says Board of Peace members pledged over $5B for Gaza
47015.02.2026, 21:39
EU plans crypto ban for Russia, FT reports
82311.02.2026, 00:48
US Treasury Secretary says US sanctions crushed Iran’s economy and sparked protests (video)
85706.02.2026, 10:43
Elon Musk just became the first person ever worth $800 billion after SpaceX acquired xAI
79604.02.2026, 18:30
